Congress Heights Community Training and Development Corporation (CHCTDC) is offering DC residents 18 years of age and older an Integrated Education & Training approach through its Facilities Management Solutions training program. This offers the adult learner the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of each sector specific occupational training area while
Careers Through Facilities
• Earning a knowledge-based credential (or stackable credentials)
• Developing the knowledge and skills demanded by employers
• Earning professional credibility and recognition from current and potential employers
• Learning and interviewing at the same time with an actual employer
The student-centered education components of the program are delivered through the Congress Heights Community Training and Development Corp’s Life, Literacy and Interpersonal Skills Training (LLIT) program. LLIT addresses the essential skills development of each student by examining and enhancing:
Skills you need to take control of and improve the quality of your life.
- Self-Assessment and Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Career Cognizance and Readiness
Establishing knowledge and competencies in areas you have chosen to strengthen or pursue.
- Achieve Literacy in reading, math and language skills
Skills used to interact with others appropriately and properly.
- Listening -The importance of focused and intentional listening; and how to interpret and understand messages sent by others
- Verbal – The who, what, when, where and how to express yourself verbally
- Non-verbal – How to observe, send and receive non-verbal communications
The success coach and student co-create a learning relationship/environment to ensure that students successfully develop the skills, awareness and knowledge they will need to improve their quality of life and their ability to grow and consistently perform at their peak capacity.
*When you complete your training, YOU go to Work.